A north west of England based FTSE 100 Utilities company, managed all of their head office requirements through an outsourced on-site Print Room. Due to a lack of investment and management focus, the Print Room suffered from a reputation of poor service and quality. It also had an urgent requirement for the replacement and upgrade of all of the Print Room equipment.
This poor reputation resulted in the Print Room being considerably under-utilised, and the Utilities company incurring additional cost through an excess of print work being sent to unvetted and unauthorised external suppliers.
What did Hobs On-Site do?
From engaging with Hobs On-Site, a period of development was undertaken which focused on changing the Print Room operation into one which was relevant to the Client’s business and service requirements. This included:
- The investment in new technology and training, including over £250k in capital expenditure funded by Hobs On-Site
- The addition of new service lines, plus the adjustment of existing service lines, to meet the business requirements of the Client. This included new services such as new wide format print, Print Management, and Creative Design
- The introduction of dedicated Customer Service Managers, to assist with end-user queries and the management of complex jobs
The Results – An Outsourced On-site Print Room
Although the benefits of the Hobs On-Site Print Room are numerous, the key results of our involvement can be seen as:
- The development of a vastly improved Print Room operation, with services and an approach to task more able to support the client’s business needs – reflected in a five-fold increase in the number of end-users and job requests received on a monthly basis
- Through the delivery of a more relevant and service driven operation, the reduction in external, unauthorised print spend with external suppliers, therefore a reduction in the overall cost of print and design
- The removal of risk from the Client and TFM partner through Hobs On-Site taking on all capital expenditure and staff requirements – TUPE transfer of incumbent team and +£250k of investment.
“We have an outstanding on-site printing service with Hobs. They provide a personalised service with a ‘can-do’ approach. Nothing is too much trouble, anything is possible.” – Vivienne Gold, Employee Communications Business Partner, FTSE 100 Utilities Company