Hobs On-Site take their environmental responsibility very seriously. Hobs recognises the importance of protecting the environment now and in the future and aims to take responsibility by reducing as much as practically possible its impact on the environment in terms of re-cycling, carbon footprint and fuel consumption which are the main areas that affect our industry.
Our policy is communicated to all our employees and people working on behalf of Hobs and is made available for the public, customers and suppliers.
- We set clear and realistic environmental targets and develop and train our employees.
- Where possible we will use wood pulp papers which are manufactured from sustainable and managed forests and where possible use paper with a recycled content or with the FSC accreditation
- We continually review our production processes to minimise levels of waste, re-use or re-cycle materials and product whenever possible and only dispose of waste via licensed waste contractors.
- We plan to re-cycle a high percentage of our waste which will be split into 3 main areas, paper, cardboard and plastic.
- We aim to operate using modern and technologically advanced vehicles which meet all current emission legislation and run on ultra low sulphur fuels, but in the future we are looking at the possibility of investing in alternative methods of transport or bicycles through Hobs cycle to work scheme.
- In order to reduce the high financial and environmental costs of energy and water, all Hobs equipment is turned off at the end of each working day.
- In order to achieve these objectives it is the policy of Hobs to establish, implement, and maintain an effective documented environmental system, based on the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001.
- Hobs are committed to comply with all applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the organisation subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects